CapMetro is moving forward with four new Rapid lines that provide the Austin community and visitors with alternate routes to get around the city. Plans for Rapid include a 100% zero-emission fleet, newly designed stations, updated wayfinding technology, and an improved customer experience.
CapMetro currently operates 2 MetroRapid services:
- Route 801 Extends along N. Lamar, Guadalupe and S. Congress from Tech Ridge to Slaughter Lane
- Route 803 Travels along Burnet, Guadalupe and S. Lamar from the Domain to Westgate Transit Center
These routes provide frequent service with a limited number of stops for faster travel times. Route features include priority lanes, transit signal priority, queue jumps, enhanced and improved stations and higher frequency operations.
The 4 proposed Rapid routes include:
- Pleasant Valley - Mueller to the Goodnight Ranch Park & Ride
- Expo Center - East Austin to University of Texas and downtown Austin
- The Gold Line - Austin Community College- Highland to Republic Square. (The Gold Line will begin as a Rapid service and could be converted eventually to light rail as a part of the System Plan)
- Burnet - Menchaca and Oak Hill Rapid Extension
Rapid Fact Sheet (English | Spanish)
Rapid Expo Center Line Fact Sheet ( English | Spanish)
We welcome your input! Share your comments and questions with the project team.
Post mail: CapMetro Rapid Project Team, CapMetro, 203 Colorado St., Austin, TX 78701
CapMetro and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) have initiated the development of Categorical Exclusion (CE) documents for the Pleasant Valley and Expo corridors in accordance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) guidelines and other regulatory requirements.
- CapMetro engages the community on the project by hosting public meetings to discuss proposed improvements to Rapid and gather feedback.
- The project team develops CE documentation to assess the potential benefits and impacts of the project.
- Public comments and technical analyses are addressed and incorporated in the design of the stations and the CE documentation is finalized.