Community Advisory Committee
The City of Austin, CapMetro and the Austin Transit Partnership have created an advisory committee to advise all 3 partners on topics related to equity and Project Connect, including efforts to curb displacement along the Project Connect system.
Upcoming Meetings of CAC
- Thursday, October 12, 2023 |5:00PM | ATP Office | 203 Colorado Street, Austin, TX, 78701| Register to attend the meeting on Zoom
- Thursday, October 12, 2023 | 5:00PM | ATP Office | 203 Colorado Street, Austin, TX 78701| Register to attend the meeting on Zoom
To provide feedback to the committee, please email email@example.com.
|Agenda packets||Meeting Minutes/Docs||Media|
|September 14, 2023 - Agenda||Backup Materials||Video|
|August 10, 2023 - Agenda||Backup Materials||Video|
|July 13, 2023 - Agenda||Affordable Housing Acquisition | Bylaws Update | Minutes||Video|
|June 8, 2023 - Agenda||Backup Materials | Meeting Minutes||Video|
|May 11, 2023 - Agenda||Backup Materials | Project Connect CAC Light Rail Implementation Recommendations | Meeting Minutes||Video|
|May 4, 2023 - Agenda||Backup Materials | Meeting Minutes||Video|
|April 13, 2023 - Agenda||Meeting Minutes | Video|
|March 9, 2023 - Agenda||Backup Materials | Minutes||Video|
|February 20, 2023-Agenda||Final CAC Reco for ATP ED Selection (with draft memo included) Minutes||Video|
|February 9, 2023 - Agenda||Backup Materials | Minutes||Video|
|January 12, 2023 - Agenda||Backup Part 1 | Backup Part 2 | Minutes||Video|
|Agenda packets||Meeting Minutes/Docs||Media|
|December 8, 2022-Agenda||Backup Materials | Minutes||Video|
|November 10, 2022-Agenda||Backup Materials | ATX Transit Report | Minutes||Video|
|October 13, 2022-Agenda||Backup Materials | Minutes||Video|
|September 8, 2022||MEETING CANCELLED|
|August 11, 2022-Agenda||Backup Materials||Video|
|July 14, 2022- Agenda||Backup Materials | Minutes||Video|
|June 9, 2022 - Agenda||Backup Materials | Minutes||Video|
|May 12, 2022 - CANCELLED||Meeting cancelled due to lack of quorum|
|March 23, 2022 - Agenda||Anti-Displacement Presentation | DRAFT Anti-Displacement WG Reco | Minutes||Video|
|March 10, 2022 - Meeting Agenda||Staff Updates | Sustainability Vision Plan | Budget Outline | ETOD | Minutes||Video|
|February 23, 2022 - Meeting Agenda||Backup Materials | Minutes||Video|
|January 26, 2022 - Meeting Agenda||Backup Materials | Minutes||Video|
Project Connect Community Advisory Committee members:
Existing Commission & Committee Appointments
- COA Urban Transportation Commission – Susan Somers | Email
- COA Mayor’s Committee for People with Disabilities – Kathryn Broadwater | Email
- CapMetro ACCESS Advisory Committee – Mike Gorse | Email
- Community Development Commission - Noe Elias | Email
- CapMetro Customer Service Advisory Committee - Ephraim Taylor | Email
To provide feedback during committee meetings or, if you are interested in joining a Working Group Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Anti-Displacement Planning||Community Engagement||Project Design and Equitable Transit Oriented Development||Equitable and Sustainable Planning||Governance|
|A. Azhar (WG Chair)||S. Somers||K. Broadwater||S. Somers||A. Azhar (WG Chair)|
|G. Flatau||G. Flatau||A. Karner (ex officio)||J. Hendricks|
|J. Conolly||R. Lopez||J. Conolly|
|A. Karner (ex officio)|
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are examples of the topics the committee may advise on:
- What transit-supportive anti-displacement tools and strategies the city should deploy
- Community involvement and communications during the Project Connect environmental process
- Design features of the system, particularly those that are intended to serve people with disabilities or people who need to use the system in different ways (such as parents traveling with strollers)
- Creation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to equity
The Nominating Committee will consist of:
- Chairs, or a Committee Member designee of the Chair
- City Council Housing and Planning Committee
- City Council Mobility Committee
- City Council Audit and Finance Committee
- CapMetro Finance, Audit and Administration Committee
- CapMetro Operations, Planning and Safety Committee.
- 6 community members appointed by a nominating committee (see details below for how to apply); and,
- 5 members appointed from within the following 5 existing advisory groups (1 member each):
- City of Austin Urban Transportation Commission
- City of Austin Mayor’s Committee for People with Disabilities
- City of Austin Community Development Commission
- CapMetro’s Customer Satisfaction Advisory Committee
- CapMetro’s Access Advisory Committee
Staff anticipates hosting a monthly meeting of the committee. Some meetings will be shorter (about an hour) and others longer (a few hours), depending on the topics on the agenda and the discussion among the committee.
Each members’ term is 2 years.
While not a required time commitment, staff is hopeful that members of the committee will also uplift the community understanding of Project Connect outside of formal committee meetings. This may mean sharing information with personal networks, attending community engagement meetings, etc. This is “extracurricular” and not a requirement to serve on the committee.
The advisory committee is anticipated to meet monthly. Once the committee members are identified, staff will work with them to identify an appropriate meeting schedule.
The meeting location will be virtual during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Once in-person gatherings are safe, an in-person/physical location for future meetings will be identified.
Yes! The Project Connect program includes many projects over the course of a 13-year timeline. There will be plenty of opportunities for all members of the Austin community to participate.